TW: unreality, derealisation
"Unreality is a blanket term that generally refers to things that are blatantly untrue but are presented as though they were fact, particularly when reality itself is questioned. …In people who experience depersonalization, derealization, and other similar mental states, this can cause severe anxiety, because it leads them to question whether what they perceive to be real is actually reality, whether they actually inhabit a physical body, or whether they even exist at all.” [x]
There’s thousands of notes on posts about how unfair it is that there isn’t a wonder woman movie and now that its been officially announced nobody is talking about it?
Like Can I get at least a hell yeah?
People aren’t very excited about this for five very simple reasons:
1. One of the 3 people writing the screenplay is Michael Goldenberg who is known for such *classics* as the 2011 Green Lantern Movie. Dear sweet God, no.
2. The second person doing the screenplay is Matthew Jennison who is known for nothing at all because this is his first time working on the screenplay of any movie.
3. The third person working on the screenplay is Brent Strickland who is known for Cold Play(2008) and Soul Plane(2004). Never heard of these movies? Well, neither have I!
4. The executive producer is Benny Medina who is known for…The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air? Wtf? What does that have to do with comic books? Or Action movies in general?
5. No offense to Gal Gadot, but she is the LAST person I would want to play Wonder Woman. Interestingly enough though, it’s not really because she doesn’t have the figure to play Wonder Woman, albeit it is irritating that it seems to be a sin to put any woman on the big screen that’s above a size one. My problem with Gal Gadot is her acting experience or lack thereof. She was in many of the Fast & Furious movies and had no character whatsoever except being a pair of walking breasts. I’m sorry, even if she gets “beefed up”, her personality just does not match Wonder Woman and I’m afraid they’re going to add some kind of love triangle or Superman X Wonder Woman subplot.
All in all, I’m sorry but I just can’t get excited about this ticking time bomb of a movie because I know that if and when it sucks ass at the box office, Wonder Woman will not be seen in another live action movie for the next few decades at least. I want a great Wonder Woman movie just as much as the rest of you but with these ingredients, I just can’t see it. I hope I’m wrong though. I really do.
Taurus: doe eyes
Cancer: Emotive eyes
Leo: mane of hair
Virgo: gentle features
Libra: Dimpled cheeks/ cleft chin
Scorpio: Deep, intense eyes
Sagittarius: Glowing smiles
Capricorn: Bone structure
Aquarius: handsome features
Pisces: Hypnotic eyes